By Contributing Author
Automobiles are prone to damage while shipping even when you hire the most credible professionals to ship your car. Of course, a car is one of the most expensive belongings that one has, therefore when it damages, it can make you lose thousands of dollars. Spending your hard earned money on someone else’s mistake is not an easy task but hold on, you can get the money to recover the damage. Luckily, you can file the car damage claim occurs during its transportation. Have a look at the procedure of filing explained by the best car shipping company and get the best car damage claim settled.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things that will help you during the claim procedure!!!
- Don’t get rude with movers
Yes, car damage is a big loss and this can make you have a bad time and this can also spoil your mood but make sure you remain nice with the professionals. Make sure you always maintain dignity while talking about the claim settlements with the professionals. Make sure you behave and talk to them nicely during the entire claim procedure.
- Follow right procedure
Go through the procedure that one should follow for claiming procedure. If required, you can also hire professionals to get the advice in the paperwork.
- Don’t cash the check before you get satisfied
The movers can offer you any deal for settlement. It is recommended you do not cash the check until you are not satisfied with the settlement offer made by the company. If you cash check whenever the movers give it to you, it will be considered as complete settlement therefore after cashing it, you can negotiate any value. While if you are unsatisfied with the offer, then you can negotiate, and sometimes the movers have to increase the value according to the liability and your satisfaction.
These are the most important things that you should know before you file a claim for car damage to make the claim easier and smoother for you.
How does the process of car damage claim work?
Getting a good car damage settlement offer is easy if you follow the right procedure and does the paperwork well. Have a look at the procedure to be followed:
- All the professional mover companies give a contract that includes all the information regarding the rights of customers. So make sure you read this at first to know your rights well before you take any step against the movers.
- Any claim that would be made after 9 months will not be considered. So file it before time. Once you file the claim, wait for the 30 days in order to get a response from the moving company. And the claim should be resolved by the moving company within 120 days. If the company does not pay any attention to it then you can file a complaint against the company to FMCSA(federal motor carrier safety administration) or to BBB. In most cases, companies resolve it because this can make them lose their moving license.
- In case, if the movers offer you an insufficient settlement that does not cover the car damage cost then you can also take the moving company to court. But remember that the whole process can take several months in getting processed so make sure you remain patient.
- There will be an inventory of the condition of the car will be done on a moving day. Make sure you are 100% satisfied with the inventory so that when you have to file a claim in the future regarding the damage of the car then you have proper documentation that will prove that in what condition you have handed over your car to movers.
- When you receive the car, make sure you inspect it so that claim can be done if any damage to the car happens. If happens, make sure you collect all the documents related to the move. Remember that these documents can be used to make your claim stronger and it increases the chances of getting the claim.
Some things you should know before you file a car damage claim!!!
- First of all, you should call the car moving company rather than on the mover agent who handled your move.
- Don’t get your car repaired until you get the claim. Make sure the car remains in the same condition as it has been delivered by the movers to you.
- Once you get to know that the damage to your car happens, start the process of filing the claim as soon as it is possible.
During car shipment, damage can happen even by the good professional companies who really work hard to give you satisfactory services. If it happens, don’t worry you can claim the damage and can get a satisfactory settlement value to it. There are several ways to move a car from one state to another and so is the process of filing a claim for damage with the insurance company. Hope this article offers you the right information to move forward with a car damage claim.