Thursday night is Israel’s version of Friday night because weekends are Friday and Saturday, and it’s called a White Night because people stay up all night for the event.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tel Aviv White Night is one of the biggest cultural nights of the year in the Israeli city, which appropriately calls itself on this night “the city that never sleeps.” Many events will take place throughout the night across the city, from beach concerts and parties to special exhibitions and tours. The wide-ranging focus of the night means there’s something for everyone!
The main events for the 2015 Tel Aviv White Night will be centered in and around Jaffa Port, Rabin Square, the Sharona, Hatachana, Kikar Habima (Kikar Hatarbut), Kiryat Sefer, Gan Hahashmal, and Menachem Begin Park (in the south of the city).
Tourist Israel offers us a look at at some 2015 Tel Aviv White Night events:
- Special illumination of 50 architecturally protected buildings in the “White City” along Rothschild and Bialik Streets
- Diner en Blanc – a huge outdoor picnic where hundreds of pairs of diners, dressed in white, will enjoy a meal in a secret location will take place on the evening before White Night (June 24)
- Video Art Exhibition at Jaffa Port including artists from Israel and Europe (20:30-24:00)
- DeliShow – A fusion show of Fashion and Cuisine with star Israeli and European chefs and fashion designers collaborating to prepare food, and clothing which will be presented on a runway at the venue, Rothschild 1 (20:00-24:00).
- The Execution of Clown X – a circus show in which Bialik Square will be transformed into the town square in a fictitious kingdom, and a phenomenal show will take place. 19:00-24:00.
- Silent headphone party in Rabin Square with Tel Aviv’s hottest dj’s as well as imports from Belgium and Holland. Free between 20:00-02:00
- Italian Jazz on the Boulevard – featuring a lineup of artists performing a variety of works. 17 Ben Gurion Boulevard. 20:00-01:00
- Indie Rock at Gan Hapisga, Jaffa. From 20:00
- The Tel Aviv-Yafo Jazz Band will perform works from the global repertoire as well as their own special arrangements. Kedumim Square, Old Jaffa, Starting 20:30
- Dancing in White. Folk dancing at Gordon Beach. 21:00-01:30
- A Swing Dance Party at Kikar Habima (Habima Square)
- Boston Gay Men’s Chorus, a unique choir made up of some 175 members, all dressed in tuxedos, will perform for the first time in Israel, in the concourse of the Suzanne Dellal Center, from 21:00
- “Hallelujah” – A Tribute to Leonard Cohen in the concourse of the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center in Shaul Hamelech Boulevard from 21:00
Other events will take place across the city in cultural venues, restaurants, bars, and other institutions.