Three tech stocks and two banks made the top of the list of most-purchased stocks by money managers in the last quarter. Here they are:
1. Citigroup (C) was bought by 26 gurus, with Julian Robertson topping the list with a purchase of 267, 800 shares, making up 4.6% of his portfolio. The stock trades around $52.
2. Ebay (EBAY) was purchased by 24 gurus. Seth Klarman bought the most shares, 4, 436, 300 in total, comprising 3.6% of his portfolio. Ebay has a market cap of $63 billion and trades around $51.
3. JPMorgan (JPM) was picked up by 21 gurus, with NWQ buying the most shares, 3, 452, 281 in total, making up 2% of its portfolio. The market cap is $227 billion and it trades around $60.
4. Microsoft (MSFT) was bought by 21 gurus, with Chris Shurway purchasing 7, 766, 701 shares. Its market cap is $388 billion and it trades around $46. MSFT is now 2% of Shurway’s portfolio.
5. Apple (AAPL) was purchased by 20 gurus, and Andreas Halvorsen bought 2, 286, 178. It is now 0.93% of his portfolio and has a market cap of $618 billion. The stock trades around $101 and has an earnings growth of $63.40