Bubbl, Incoming Media, Portal Entertainment, Sidevision, Toggle, and Wisemetrics join accelerator program.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at email@example.com.
Warner Bros. Entertainment announced today the participants of its second annual Media Camp accelerator program. The six companies selected for the 2014 class – Bubbl, Incoming Media, Portal Entertainment, Sidevision, Toggle, and Wisemetrics – will spend the next 12 weeks working with Warner Bros. executives to develop and execute new projects and initiatives. The participants will also attend workshops facilitated by Warner Bros. executives and other industry leaders and receive formal mentorship.
“Media Camp is a great example of Warner Bros.’ commitment to fostering innovation that will help shape the new entertainment frontier, ” said Debra Baker, Senior Vice President, Global Business Development, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. “Media Camp not only provides entrepreneurs with access, resources, and relationship-building opportunities otherwise unavailable to them, it allows us to work intensively with outside talent to accelerate new products and services.”
Started in 2012 by Turner Broadcasting, Media Camp is a comprehensive accelerator program designed to educate entrepreneurs and enable them to build innovative media businesses. The program offers promising entrepreneurs and engineers the opportunity to work alongside Warner Bros. executives to gain valuable insight into the studio’s business while developing next-generation technologies and products for the entertainment industry. Media Camp will be held at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank and features presentations and workshops focused on media technology, community events, and knowledge sharing, as well as direct investments by Warner Bros. in the participating startups.
The 2014 Media Camp class is comprised of the following leaders, who were selected from hundreds of applicants competing for a spot in the program:
- Bubbl: A mobile app that lets friends capture their favorite parts of online videos. At the push of a button, Bubbl enables you to share the most relevant nine-second “snip” of streaming content to show friends what matters most.
- Incoming Media: A technology platform that uses behavioral data analytics to deliver mobile content more efficiently, resulting in a better user experience, increased user engagement and retention, and lower data bills for consumers. The platform uses on-device personal machine learning, predictive analytics, and network connectivity awareness to intelligently pre-position video content to mobile devices.
- Portal Entertainment: A premium content company that uses technology to enable a new type of interactive entertainment experience for mobile and tablet devices that responds to the audience’s facial reactions and leverages device features (e.g. camera, calendar, maps, etc.) to add a real world component to the story.
- Sidevision: A video player that allows YouTube talent and other content creators to display relevant commerce opportunities next to their videos and collect affiliate fees from transactions they generate.
- Toggle: A Wi-Fi-enabled dongle that plugs into a television’s HDMI port and allows users to easily stream content from cloud accounts.
- Wisemetrics: A content distribution platform that uses dynamic, predictive analytics to improve brand performance in advertising, social media, and email campaigns.
The three-month program will conclude in mid-August with a Media Camp demo day in Los Angeles, where the six startups will pitch their companies and describe their work with Warner Bros to a group of investors and decision-makers from across the media landscape.
Startups can apply for future accelerator classes here
About Media Camp
Media Camp, a Turner/Warner Bros. initiative, is a comprehensive accelerator program that educates entrepreneurs and enables them to build innovative media businesses. Key features of Media Camp include presentations and workshops focused on media technology, formal mentorship from media industry experts, community events, and knowledge sharing, as well as direct investments including partnerships and vendor relationships.