Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Jewish Business News

Financial Research

There are 105, 000 Israeli millionaires and 18 billionaires

Israeli Billionaires L-R-Dan-Gertler-Shari-Arison-and-Idan-Ofer


Income inequality in Israel has steadily risen since 2000. The number of Israelis became millionaires in 2016 alone has increased by 19%  (17, 000 people) from 2015. World Wealth Report by Credit Suisse claim that in 2016 2% of Israelis (105, 000 people) defined as possessing more than $1 million worth of holdings in cash, property and investments.

The majority of wealth in Israel (70%) is financial instruments such as cash and other securities, while the other 30% is comprised of real estate and other properties.

Please help us out :
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at
Thank you.

In addition, 18 of them (with one new comer this year) are considered to be billionaires who are having over a billion dollars. 25 people are estimated to have between $500 million and $1 billion. 277 people have between $100 million and $500 million. 32% have between $100, 000-$1, 000, 000, 42.5% between $10, 000-$100, 000 and 23.5% under $10, 000.

According to the report, in the last 16 years, the average Israeli citizen’s wealth has doubled from $92, 589 to $176, 263. The medial wealth of an Israelis stood at only $54, 384—about a third of the average wealth.

NOTE: In order to be included in the top decile of wealth in the world, one must have a worth of over $71.600.

However, the average Israeli debt stands at $29.800 per person, about 14.5% of the wealth of the average person. From a global perspective, Israel represents only 0.4% of the global wealth.

The United States leads with the world’s wealth, 14.7 million people (33.2%) have capital of over a million dollars, followed by Europe with 9.8 million ( 5.5% in Britain) millionaires and Asia with about 6 million, not including China where there are approximately 1.6 million ( 9.1% ) millionaires.

In total, world wealth in 2016 came to 256 trillion. The world has 33 million millionaires and 2, 205 billionaires.

Half of the adults worlwide have failed to pass the minimum brink of $2, 222. In the two lowest deciles people whose worth does not exceed $248.





You May Also Like

World News

In the 15th Nov 2015 edition of Israel’s good news, the highlights include:   ·         A new Israeli treatment brings hope to relapsed leukemia...


The Movie The Professional is what made Natalie Portman a Lolita.


After two decades without a rating system in Israel, at the end of 2012 an international tender for hotel rating was published.  Invited to place bids...

VC, Investments

You may not become a millionaire, but there is a lot to learn from George Soros.