The following are the top five new positions or position increases in John Paulson’s portfolio:
1. Allergan (AGN) is the 3rd largest holding for Paulson, and was a new buy at 5.6 million shares, comprising 4.1% of Paulson’s portfolio. Bill Ackman’s Pershing Square Capital is also a major holder of Allergan shares, and he is pressuring the company to sell itself to Valeant. Allergan has seen 4.7% revenue growth, earnings per share increases of 17.1% and the stock has risen 84.52% in the past year
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at email@example.com.
2. DirecTV (DTV) is 3.7% of Paulson’s portfolio, and is a new buy at 10 million shares. It has seen an earnings growth of 34% and a 48.46% growth in gross profit margins.
3. Shire (SHPG) comprises 3.4% of Paulson’s portfolio, and he increased this position 33.1% to 3.4 million shares. Revenue growth rose 4.7% , and earnings growth was 75.81%. The stock has risen 121.03% in the last year.
4. Cobalt (CIE) is 3.3% of Paulson’s portfolio at 41 million shares. The stock has risen 50.3% over the last year.
5. Covidien (COV) is 2.7% of Paulson’s portfolio at 7 million shares. COV was a new buy for the fund, and the stock has jumped 45.27% since last year. Revenue increased 4.3% and earnings per share declined 21.2%. Gross profit margin was strong at 65.07.