By Contributing Author
Did you receive a homework assignment to write a research paper? Welcome to the club of students who do not know how to do it efficiently. Nothing is challenging about such a task but more and more freshers give in before even starting it. If you think about the ways of making your project a stellar one, follow the next tips and get an A-grade compliment.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Is Research Writing Itself?
A research paper is nothing but a piece of your conducted research on a particular topic. So, no fake information and plagiarism that will lead to a bad grade. Besides, an academic paper demands to prove, it means that your research should contain the references based your work on. There are a few types of research writings students come across at college or university.
- Analytical paper
- Argumentative paper
- Experimental research
- Report paper
- Cause and effect research
- Compare and contrast papers
- Definition papers
Did you find your type of paper? If yes, let’s proceed to the specifications.
Meet the Scientific Requirements
At this stage, it is impossible to be on the loose. Writing a research paper requires a strict following of its rules. The structure:
- Title and Abstract. Make up your mind by defining a topic and eye-catching title. Then, dedicate 2 to 3 pages to the proposal of your writing. A student should describe the intention of a research paper and show its importance.
- Table of Contents and Introduction. There should be a body of paper covered and a brief introduction 1 to 2 pages.
- Background and Research Questions. Enlarged information on a subject by referring to books and materials needed for research. Raise a question and then analyze it in detail.
- Summary/Conclusion. Describe the importance and consequences of the results found.
- Reference list. Attach the list of all books/materials used. The number of references depends on the number of pages. For example, if there are 8 pages of the main body of the paper, there should be 8 references. All the references and links should be properly cited.
Moreover, a research paper length varies from 5 to 15 pages, not including Bibliography. Typed in 12 text size and in Times New Roman.
Presentation of Your Stellar Research Paper
Writing a paper is half the way. How a student presents it defines the final grade. First of all, take it seriously otherwise your appearance would tell you all.
- Train at home. Try to practice your speech in front of the mirror. Otherwise, turn to the help of your family or friends.
- Set time limits. Calculate how much time you need for a particular section. If a paper is longer than a time scheduled for its presentation, write down the important theses and shorten the theory part.
- Make the audience laugh. It is a common practice when the professor is the only interested person to listen to a student. Make eye contact with others and attract their attention. Thus, you will feel more confident. Try this: You all think this subject is boring, but feel me once I tell you that I sacrificed Netflix to meet the deadline.
- Ask questions. Make the public work for you. If a student forgets something, it is always a lifehack to communicate with the audience. Once you are going to revise the presentation or look for some info, ask others what they think of a particular subject. For example, How do you find engineering programming in your life?
- Make clear transitions. It means do not start another paragraph without finalizing the previous one. For example, use the following phrases: “The next point/feature is…”, “Let’s move on to….”.
- Make some pauses. No need for speaking very fast. Try to use a calm voice and speak slowly. Nobody will remember anything after leaving the class if you delivered a speech like a formula one racer.
- Summarize the points. In the end, emphasize the conclusion. Think of it from the point of view of a movie-lover. What features were stuck in your mind?
- Thank the audience. Ask them if they have any questions.
Complete preparation for any homework assignment is the art of relieving a student’s pain. So, make sure you thoroughly learn your paper.
Any professional college research paper writing service can help students write their projects in a short time. They attach to the paper a list of unique references and guarantee the best quality. Once you need extra materials to dive into research writing, check the below sources.
For overcoming public speaking anxiety turn to:
- Esposito, J. In the spotlight. The book will share strategies on how to gain confidence while delivering a speech. Moreover, it can be helpful and applied in social situations, when a person cannot say a single word because of the fear.
- Humes, J. Speak like Churchill, stand like Lincoln. Master your speaking skills like these historical figures, and make the audience impressed. The author of the book wrote speeches to 5 American presidents.
For writing an accomplished paper read:
- Graff, G., Birkenstein, C. They say/I say. The authors provide their readers with the templates of writings. Useful for students who do not know how to choose the vocabulary for a paper or how to structure the essay.
Keep both the requirements and helpers in your mind. Choose an interesting topic and research it. Then if you follow all our steps, A-grade will not make you wait so long.