By Contributing Author
If you think that switching from the iOS to Android ecosystem is a tedious job, then this post will make you think again. Gone are the days when users have to bend over backward to switch iOS/iCloud contents to Android. Now, with the help of some readily available apps, they can easily perform an iPhone to Android transfer and that too without using a computer. For your convenience, we have handpicked the top 7 iPhone to Android data transfer apps in this post.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at email@example.com.
One of the easiest solutions to transfer your data from iPhone to Android is by Switch iOS/iCloud contents to Android. It is a freely available app developed by Wondershare that can simply be downloaded on your Android from Play Store. Users can pick whether they wish to retrieve data from their iCloud account or want to directly transfer content from the existing iPhone.
If you have selected iCloud, then you just need to sign-in to your iCloud account using the right credentials. Once it is done, just select the type of data you wish to transfer.
In order to directly transfer data from iPhone, both the devices should be connected using a cable and USB-to-lightning adapter. The app will automatically detect the device and scan it. Afterward, just select the type of data that you wish to transfer and start the process.
- The application can perform a direct iPhone to Android transfer
- Users can also retrieve data from their iCloud account as well
- It supports 16 types of data such as photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, call logs, and so much more.
- No data is lost during the process or stored anywhere in between
- Can perform a direct iPhone to Android data transfer (no computer needed)
- All the major types of data are supported (including the important documents)
- A freely available app with extensive compatibility
- Time-saving and user-friendly
- An adapter is needed to connect both the devices.
Compatibility: Supports iOS 5.0+ and Android 4.1+
#2: Samsung Smart Switch
Smart Switch is another popular option that is available exclusively for Samsung users. Needless to say, if the target device is not a Samsung, then this option won’t work for you. It supports a wireless transfer of data via WiFi direct. Besides a direct device to device transfer, users can also sync their data with a computer using its desktop software.
- The mobile app can help us transfer our data from an iOS to Samsung device
- It supports a cross-platform wireless as well as a cabled transfer
- Users can transfer all the major data types such as photos, videos, music, contacts, etc.
- The desktop app can also take a backup of your phone and restore it afterward.
- It can also import data from an iCloud account as well.
- Compatible with all the latest iOS models, including iOS 12 and the new Samsung phones too.
- Supports a wireless transfer of data between different platforms
- Freely available
- Extensive compatibility
- It is only limited to Samsung devices and won’t work if the target device is from any other brand.
- For a wired transfer, a USB adapter is needed
Compatibility: iOS 5.0+ and Android 4.0+
#3: Google Drive
If you are a regular Google user, then you must be familiar with Google Drive. Ideally, you can backup almost anything on the Drive and later restore your data on any other device. In this way, you can easily perform a wireless iPhone to Android data transfer.
- All the data would automatically be saved on the Drive
- Users can easily configure Google Drive on their iPhone and later use the same account on their target Android device
- It can sync photos, videos, messages, contacts, and more
- The data would also be stored in the cloud
- Wireless transfer of data over the cloud
- Also maintains a backup of the synced content
- Extensive compatibility with every major Android device
- Only 15 GB of space is provided for free to every Google user
- A large chunk of your network data would also be utilized
- Time-consuming process
Compatibility: iOS 10.0+ and Android 2.3.3+
If you are looking for any other cloud-based service, then you can try Dropbox as well. Though, unlike Google Drive, it only provides 2 GB of free space for a basic account and users need to get a premium subscription to transfer data beyond 2 GB.
- Simply download the app on both the devices and upload/download your data
- It supports all the leading data types includes photos, music, documents, and more.
- Users can transfer their data wirelessly
- A second copy of your data would be maintained in the cloud
- Easy to use and is compatible with all the major devices
- Wireless transfer
- Only 2 GB of space is provided for free
- Will consume a lot of time and network usage
Compatibility: iOS 10.0+ and Android 4.3+
As the name suggests, SHAREit makes it easier for us to share our data across different devices. Since the app is compatible with leading iOS and Android phones, it can help us perform a direct iPhone to Android transfer. Simply connect both the devices wirelessly and move your data.
- It supports a smooth wireless transfer of data between different devices.
- Can transfer all the major media files, documents, and more
- The app is extremely secure and easy to use
- It supports a direct wireless transfer of data
- No need to use Bluetooth or Wifi
- The service is extremely fast and easy to use
- It does not support all the data types (like browsing history, call logs, etc.)
- A lot of users face unwanted compatibility issues with it
Compatibility: iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.1+
#6: Copy My Data
Copy My Data is another popular solution that can perform a cross-platform transfer of data. Simply install the app on both the devices and connect them to the same Wifi network. It relies on Wifi direct to transfer your data wirelessly across various devices.
- It supports a wireless data transfer through Wifi direct
- The app can transfer your contacts, calendar, photos, and videos
- It provides a fast and lightweight solution to do iPhone to Android transfer
- Freely available and easy to use
- Can perform a direct transfer wirelessly
- Only supports 4 data types as of now (contacts, calendar, photos, and videos)
Compatibility: iOS 7.1+ and Android 2.3.3+
SmartIO might be the last option on our list, but it is undoubtedly a reliable iPhone to Android data transfer app. All you need to do is download the app on both the devices. Later, you can connect your iPhone and Android via 4G or Wifi and start transferring your data.
- It supports the transfer of data via WLAN, 4G, Wifi hotspot, and Wifi direct
- The app also provides a cross-platform transfer of data between iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry.
- It can transfer your photos, videos, music, messages, contacts, third-party app data, and more.
- The tool can also be used to backup and restore your device as well.
- Freely available and easy to use
- Provides a wireless transfer of data via 4G or Wifi
- The app is not as user-friendly as other options
- It can’t transfer all kinds of data (such as browsing history or call logs)
- For batch transfer, users need to perform an in-app purchase
Compatibility: iOS 8.0+ and Android 4.0+
After getting to know 7 different options to perform a direct iPhone to Android transfer, you can easily switch your device.
Perform a direct iPhone to Android transfer by reading this guide. We have come up with 7 recommended options to switch iOS/iCloud contents to Android.