James Simons, the billionaire founder of Renaissance Technologies, donated $3.5 million to Priorities USA Action, a super-PAC that’s aiding Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign as an independent entity.
- Super-PAC raised total of $9.6 million in Jan., according to FEC report, ended month with $44.8 million in cash-on-hand
- Super-PAC also received $2 million in Jan. from Laborers’ International Union of North America’s super-PAC,
- $1 million each from Slimfast Foods founder Daniel Abraham
- Houston lawyer J. Steve Mostyn
- billionaire Chicago venture capitalist J.B. Pritzker
- Pritzker’s wife, Mary Pritzker, also gave $1 million.