600 Young Entrepreneurial Game Changers and Legendary Mentors Will Gather in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv for Forbes first-ever Under 30 Summit EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
They will come from across the world including 200 from the U.S., 200 from Europe, 200 from the Middle East and Africa, selected from the various Forbes 30 Under 30 lists.
The Israeli happening will take place April 3-7, 2016, for four days, under the theme “Co-Investment, Co-Creation and Co-Existence, ” with panels, innovative presentations, keynotes, pitch competitions and mentorship from successful business and governmental leaders.
“The Forbes 30 Under 30 lists celebrate entrepreneurship, and the Under 30 Summit EMEA will be held in two of the world’s most entrepreneurial cities, ” says Randall Lane, Editor of Forbes magazine. “In bringing together all these young superstars, we hope to encourage cross-border cooperation and lay seeds for long-term solutions to global problems.”
Forbes Media today announced its initial featured speakers and participants:
- Sir Ronald Cohen, Co-Founder, Apax Partners; Chairman, Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group and The Portland Trust
- Gabe Flateman, Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer, Casper
- Leila Janah, Founder and CEO, Samasource
- Evan Jonigkeit, Actor (X-Men), Producer and Director
- Miki Kuusi, Founder and CEO, Wolt
- Uri Levine, Co-Founder, Waze; Co-Founder and Chairman, FeeX
- Zosia Mamet, Actress (HBO series Girls), Singer-Songwriter and Columnist
- Katie Meyler, Founder, More Than Me
- Neil Parikh, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, Casper
- His Excellency Shimon Peres, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate; The Eighth Prime Minister and Ninth President of Israel
- Lee Schrager, Creator and Executive Director, Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival and NYC Wine & Food Festival
- Luke Sherwin, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Casper
- Arnie Sriskandarajah, Early Stage Investor
- Yossi Vardi, Internet Entrepreneur
There will be daytime programming and evening festivities. Highlights include:
- An opening keynote address from Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres, followed by more than 30 young founders, serving on panels dedicated around the “Co-Invest” concept of borderless business partnerships.
- During the “Co-Create” day, breakouts, headed by Sir Ronald Cohen, will be designed to spur ideas and accelerate the prospects of a positive social business.
- An Under 30 Food Olympiad, curated by longtime 30 Under 30 judge Lee Schrager, pairing top young chefs from America and Europe with Middle East counterparts.
- The Under 30 Music Festival, featuring Israeli and Palestinian performers, as well as top U.S. rock band Mae, who, inside Jerusalem’s 3, 000-year old Tower of David, will perform live to accompany a choreographed show in virtual reality (live music synced to a virtual show on headsets).
- The Forbes Under 30 EMEA Summit will close on April 7 with a service day in Jerusalem, Ramallah and other parts of the region.