The Oscar winning and one of the world’s top actresses was asked why she has always been secretive about her marriage to James Bond star, she said her husband Daniel Craig is “just too famous” for her to discuss their relationship.
Wisz, 45, who has been married to the ‘Spectre’ star, 47, for four years, admits she doesn’t even discuss their relationship with her close friends to protect her husband.
The pair meet in 2010 on the set of Dream House, and married in 2011. Both have children from previous relationships – Daniel has 23-year-old Ella with actress Fiona Loudon, and Rachel has nine-year-old Henry with director Darren Aronofsky.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The star spoke to the December/January issue of MORE magazine:
- “He’s just too famous. It would be a betrayal. You have to protect your marriage. When you’re young, you tell your girlfriends everything. One of the great pleasures of not being an adolescent is that you don’t have to share everything. When you’re married, that door closes. The audience goes, and you’re in your own life.”
- “[Before, ] I was taking whatever came along. I’m getting more focused. I’m trying to choose the stories that I want to tell. I think everyone should take her career into her own hands, whatever her age. But me, I needed to have this much experience under my belt in order to do it. I’ve read a bunch of scripts at this point; I’ve made a bunch of movies. Now it’s about refining the search, saying, I want to shine a light on this. This matters to me.
- “Men get the more complex roles. Things have become too glossy for women. We have to be ‘likable, ‘ which is not very likable at all. It’s hard to like someone who’s just sweet. You want a real person, one who irritates you and mystifies you and frustrates you and makes you cry. You want everything from a character. Not to just stand there and look nice. Likability is code for ‘Shut up and look good.'”
- “It’s hard to like someone who’s just sweet. You want a real person, one who irritates you and mystifies you and frustrates you and makes you cry. You want everything from a character. Not to just stand there and look nice. Likeability is code for ‘Shut up and look good’.”
- Daniel Craig is a “very good” cook and loves to spend time in the kitchen with his wife Rachel Weisz.
READ MORE: Rachel Weisz
– Sultry screen siren Rachel Weisz will team up with the director Pete Travis on his upcoming movie called “Snatchback.” The announcement was made at the Cannes Film Festival this week. The movie comes More…
“I want to say that this honor is not mine. I just gave a little bit of my time, ” said the Oscar winning actress. More…
Weisz starred alongside her real-life husband, Daniel Craig, better known as the current James Bond in a revival of Harold Pinter’s play Betrayal breaking box office records. – Rachel Weisz and More…
Women in Judaism have always played a fundamental role in establishing our tradition, embedding our history – and confirming our greatness as a people. Thick-skinned, the Jewish people are inclined to More…