Action star, writer and director Sylvester Stallone is putting up for sale props from his movies in an auction. organisers say could fetch up to $6 million.
Fans will have the chance to bid on more than 1400 personal items, props and costumes used in the Hollywood star’s l0ng career including the black leather jacket Stallone wore as Rocky Balboa and the bandana used by his character John Rambo.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at email@example.com.
“I’m not sure where the estimates are going to end up at, but probably somewhere between 4 to 6 million dollars, ” Heritage Auctions consignment director Mike Gutierrez said when asked how much the auction could fetch.
Gutierrez told Reuters that Stallone’s direct involvement in the sale could raise the prices.
“He’s going to be involved with the promotion of the auction. I believe that he’ll show up to it, ” he said.
Stallone is continuing the Rocky series, which began in 1976, with upcoming film Creed set for release next month.
“We’ve had tremendous worldwide response since the initial announcement this past July about ‘Stallone – The Auction.’ Because of the overwhelming reaction by fans, Mr. Stallone has consigned additional items from his international superstar career, ” explained Greg Rohan, President of Heritage Auctions.
“Mutually agreeing to move the date to December will give us time to organize the items and create their descriptions for the expanded auction catalog. Also, with the upcoming release of Mr. Stallone’s new film, ‘Creed, ‘ in November, there will be even greater worldwide interest and the timing will be perfect for the auction, ” said Rohan.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated by Mr. Stallone to charities and organizations that assist veterans and wounded United States servicemen and servicewomen.
The auction will be held December 18-20. A portion of the proceeds will be go to charities for US veterans and wounded servicemen.
Among the items that will be offered in the auction are:
- From the Academy-Award© winning 1976 film, “Rocky, ” the black leather jacket he wore in his role as Rocky Balboa and Rocky Marciano’s boxing glove pendant trainer Mickey Goodmill (actor Burgess Meredith) gave to Rocky.
- The boxing gloves Stallone used as Rocky and the World Heavyweight Championship Belt he won in “Rocky II” in 1979, and Rocky’s “eye of the tiger” jacket worn in that film.
- Rocky’s boxing trunks from the match against Clubber Lang (Mr. T) in the 1982 movie, “Rocky III.”
- Stallone’s screen worn, white “Balboa” boxing robe from the 1985 film, “Rocky IV.”
- A U.S. Army flag patch jacket Stallone wore as John Rambo in 1982 in the first film in the Rambo series, “First Blood.”
- Fans can also bid on costumes and props used by Stallone in “Judge Dredd” (1995), the recent “The Expendables” movies and Rocky’s Harley Davidson motorcycle that appeared in both “Rocky III” and “Rocky V” (1990).