In 2015, Airbnb, the short-term rental platform, will double its nightly bookings to about 80 million up from about 40 million in 2014, reports Reuters, citing “investors familiar with the company’s performance.”
Companiy’s forecasted couldn’t be verified because the private startup doesn’t reveal its numbers.
Untill recently the industry perception was that Airbnb was mainly a threat to vacation rentals platforms. But now it has turned to Airbnb’s effect on hotels.
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at email@example.com.
According to Airbnb it has more than 1.5 million listings – homes, apartments, guest rooms, even houseboats and tree houses – in more than 34, 000 cities in 190 countries.
“It’s a global phenom, ” said Keith Rabois, a partner at Khosla Ventures who made an early personal investment in Airbnb in 2010. “(It) is going to continue to grow at a substantially higher rate than other businesses.”
READ MORE NEWS:
- Why Airbnb Just Bought A Quirky Russian Industrial Design Firm, Lapka… – Fast co Design
- Airbnb Crimps Hotels’ Power on Pricing – Wall Street Journal
- Airbnb has spent more than $8 million fighting a proposed law in San Francisco – Business Insider Australia
- How Dunkin’ Donuts and Airbnb Are Turning Google Searches Into … – Adweek
- Buyers voice concerns over growth of Airbnb – Buying Business Travel
- Why don’t Airbnb’s beautifully crafted ads get shared more? – Marketing
- Does This Look Familiar? A High-End Airbnb Goes On the Market – Curbed SF