Employees of Facebook, the world’s most popular social network, are paid very well for their services, a report said.
According to the data gathered by Glassdoor and later obtained by Business Insider, tech-savvy job-seekers can make as much money as investment bankers, the Daily Mail said.
According to new figures, an engineering manager could earn up to $380, 861 in combined compensation every year, while a research scientist at the firm can expect to earn $172, 705, and the average network engineer could be paid $160, 172 in annual salary plus bonuses, the Mail said.
The average product analyst earns $118, 864 per year, a production engineer makes $132, 534, a user interface engineer nets $146, 708 and a data engineer typically receives $146, 949, according to the Mail.
Meanwhile, a software engineer III earns $171, 706 annually, but less than the average technical program manager ($175, 589), software engineer ($183, 397) and software engineer V ($259, 349), the report said.
Entry level software engineers are paid a combined compensation of $106, 000 per year, the Mail said.
Facebook is worth more than $200 billion. The firm’s founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, whose site now attracts 1.35 billion active monthly users, is currently the 16th richest person in the world, with a net worth of $33.3 billion, the report said.
THE COMBINED COMPENSATION FOR 15 POSITIONS AT FACEBOOK
- Product Analyst: $118, 864
- Production Engineer: $132, 534
- User Interface Engineer: $146, 708
- Data Engineer: $146, 949
- Network Engineer: $160, 172
- Software Engineer III: $171, 076
- Research Scientist: $172, 705
- Technical Program Manager: $175, 589
- Software Engineer: $183, 397
- Data Scientist: $185, 743
- Product Manager: $194, 907
- Software Engineer IV: $209, 988
- Senior Software Engineer: $211, 647
- Software Engineer V: $259, 349
- Engineering Manager: $380, 861
Source: Business Insider/Glassdoor