One of our favorite actresses and writers Lena Dunham has gone on a Twitter “Rage Spiral” offensive Saturday after an article on the website “Truth Revolt” brazenly accused her of “sexually abusing her little sister.”
The website basically lifted an anecdote in Dunham’s celebrated memoir, “Not That Kind of Girl” where she wrote that, as a seven-years-old, she “spread open” her one-year-old sister’s vagina to see whether it was “like mine.”
Truth Revolt, operated by conservative pundit Ben Shapiro and the David Horowitz Freedom Center, initially re-packaged the story as taking place when Dunham was seventeen. The same anecdote was also picked up by the National Review.
On her Twitter page Saturday afternoon, Dunham described the anecdote as “a story about being a weird 7 year old” and called the coverage online “upsetting and disgusting.”
- The right wing news story that I molested my little sister isn’t just LOL- it’s really fucking upsetting and disgusting.
- And by the way, if you were a little kid and never looked at another little kid’s vagina, well, congrats to you.
- Usually this is stuff I can ignore but don’t demean sufferers, don’t twist my words, back the fuck up bros.
- I told a story about being a weird 7 year old. I bet you have some too, old men, that I’d rather not hear. And yes, this is a rage spiral.
- Sometimes I get so mad I burn right up. Also I wish my sister wasn’t laughing so hard.