America’s Cup 2013 : Larry Ellison’s Oracle Team USA Versus Emirates Team New Zealand : Today It Pours With Rain So Races 14 & 15 Cancelled & Will Sail Again Tomorrow
Will you offer us a hand? Every gift, regardless of size, fuels our future.
Your critical contribution enables us to maintain our independence from shareholders or wealthy owners, allowing us to keep up reporting without bias. It means we can continue to make Jewish Business News available to everyone.
You can support us for as little as $1 via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rain in Spain may stay mainly in the plain, but in San Francisco today it is all over the race course at the moment/ Gilles Martin Raget
Today, Saturday, it poured with rain in San Francisco with heavy rains tumbling down for more than two hours, for the first time in six months to the surprise of everybody. Worse though, the wind lightened and shifted to the south turning the standard race course for the America’s Cup series into just a reaching course with no real racing challenge – boats would just go up and down the course in a straight line across the wind.
So the race was delayed until the wind shifted back again, which was expected to happen by 2.00 pm local time. In the end though it didn’t happen, the wind stubbornly refused to shift and as there was no sailing by the cut off time of 2.40 pm, all racing was then cancelled for the day.
We will start again tomorrow, Sunday September 22nd, at the regular scheduled time of 1.15pm Pacific Time… This is obviously frustrating for both of the teams, and for all of us taking part vicariously as well, but do join us again if you can. The remaining schedule for the series, and lots more, continues to be posted on the official America’s Cup web site www.americascup.com.